Dorris Douglas Budd Award
Established in 1981, this award honors a VCU or VCU Health support staff member who demonstrates exemplary performance and enhances the image and mission of VCU and VCU Health.
Who may be nominated for these awards? Nominees must be in a clerical/secretarial position at VCU (up to pay band 4) or the VCU Health System (up to salary grade 9) and have been employed for five continuous years as of September 30, 2017. If unsure of your nominee's pay band or salary grade, please contact your nominee's departmental administrator. An employee who was nominated in a previous year, but as not chosen as the award winner, may be nominated again. However, a new nomination and new supporting documentation must be submitted.
Who can make the nomination? Any employee of VCU or VCU Health who has a thorough knowledge of the candidate's strengths and accomplishments, however, individuals may not nominate themselves. It is not appropriate to nominate a family member, spouse, or partner.
Prepare the text of your nomination in advance. We highly recommend that you write the body of your nomination in a word document and paste it into the fields in the online form. Please be sure to address all award criteria including specific statements to substantiate your nomination. Keep a copy of the word document to share with your nominee. As you progress through the online form, you will be able to save your work and return to it later. If you need assistance with the online form, please contact Debbie Fitzgerald at email@example.com.
Get support. Nominations should be limited to the nomination form and include at least three additional letters of support or commendations from others (based on the award criteria).
Deadline for nominations. Nominations must be submitted online by August 25, 2017. Incomplete nominations (those with less than 3 letters of support) will not be considered.
To submit a nomination, please click here.
Please note that eid login is needed to access the online nomination form. All VCU and VCU Health employees have eids. If you do not know your eid, you may use the eid finder located here.
Nominees and nominators will be invited to attend the Service Awards event to be held on October 4. The winner will be announced there.
- 2016, Susan Beavers, VCU Health, Wound Care Team
- 2015, Shirley Beavers, VCU Health, Cardiac Surgery ICU
- 2014, Debbie Teconchuk, VCU Medical Center, Clinical Enterprise Administration
- 2013, Deborah D. Van Buren, VCU Department of Communication Arts
- 2012, Wanda P. Clary, VCU Humanities and Sciences & Science, Technology and Society (STS) Program
- 2011, Patricia A. Pleasant, VCU School of Education
- 2010, Deborah L. Weir, VCU School of Medicine
- 2009, Kimberly A. Christman, VCU Department of Radiology
- 2008, Suzanne C. Havasy, VCU Department of Health Administration
- 2007, Linda S. Johnston, VCU Department of Music
- 2006, Deborah L. Stewart, VCU School of Medicine
- 2005, Laurette (Anderson-Conyard) Anderson-Gray, VCU Medical Center Administration
- 2004, Gilda R. Harris-Howard, VCU Department of Internal Medicine
- 2003, Michelle Craighead Wise, VCU Research - Institute for Structural Biology and Drug Discovery
- 2002, Karen S. Moss, VCU Stony Point Administration
- 2001, Miriam L. Mayhew, VCU Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- 2000, Dorothy M. Winfree, VCU Employee Health Services
- 1999, Linda S. Pontius, VCU School of Business
- 1998, Debra B. (Doyle) Cody, VCU Department of Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery
- 1997, Vera E. Wilkerson, VCU Department of Internal Medicine - Cardiology
- 1996, Patricia G. Carr, VCU School of Allied Health Professions
- 1995, Marquita C. Aguilar, VCU School of Education
- 1994, Lila M. (Patterson) Garlick, VCU School of Social Work
- 1993, Monica L. White, VCU School of Allied Health Professions
- 1992, Mary L. Swartz, VCU Department of Psychiatry
- 1991, Janet H. Mundie, VCU School of Medicine
- 1990, Vickie W. Boss, VCU Medical Center Food/Nutrition Services
- 1989, Brenda E. Wyatt, VCU School of Nursing
- 1988, Shirley W. (Jones) Moss, VCU Community/International Programs
- 1987, Carole E. Harwell, VCU School of Nursing
- 1986, Lila M. Patterson, VCU School of Social Work
- 1985, India D. Urbach, VCU Human Resources
- 1984, Nancy (Knowles) Belcher, VCU School of Allied Health Professions
- 1983, Gwen M. Parker, VCU Department of Theatre
- 1982, Jane H. Crawley, VCU School of Social Work