Work/life and wellness
Moving and relocation assistance
VCU's relocation program provides quality services to current and prospective university employees through two local real estate firms: Joyner Fine Properties and Long & Foster. In addition to such options as overview tours, drive-around rental assistance and lending services, faculty and staff also have access to financial incentives and moving services.
Joyner Fine Properties and Long & Foster are established real estate companies with years of experience in the Richmond region. Their relocation teams assess individual real estate needs and expectations, assist in maximizing the benefits of their preferred client status and serve as advocates throughout the details of real estate transactions. The teams monitor the progress of all interactions to ensure customer satisfaction.
For additional information and to select the company that best meets your needs, please see their sites:
Additional moving and relocation resources are available at VCU Procurement Services.
- About VCU
- About Richmond
- Alumni magazines
- Bulletins (catalogs)
- Faculty and staff resources
- News center
- Office of the VCU President
- Rankings and Recognition
- Recreational sports
- The Growth of VCU (from the Richmond Times-Dispatch)
NEW! Miller Lofts @ Plant Zero. Conveniently located within walking distance to downtown Richmond, Miller Lofts offers premier urban living for a fraction of the price with unique one- and two-bedroom layouts, saltwater pool, on-site bike/kayak rental, pet-friendly community with Bark Park, Core Concierge, fitness center, resident lounge and more! As a SMART Housing community, Miller Lofts @ Plant Zero participates in the federally-funded LIHTC program. Not everyone qualifies for SMART Housing; certain income restrictions apply. Use the quick, online calculator to see if you qualify! Learn more at www.millerlofts.com.
- Homes & Land of Richmond
- Richmond Apartment Guide
- Richmond Association of Realtors
- Richmond.com: Real estate and homes
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- Richmond Times-Dispatch
- Richmond travel guide
- Style Weekly
- Virginia tourism
- Chesterfield County
- City of Richmond
- Goochland County
- Hanover County
- Henrico County
- New Kent County
- Powhatan County
VCU is committed to providing assistance to dual career couples so that both partners can make a successful transition. The individual’s job search efforts are essential to the program’s success.
As a member of the Mid-Atlantic Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC), the university is able to provide current and relocating faculty and staff with access to a powerful resource to assist their spouses/partners and other family members in the employment market. The consortium also provides access to open positions at a number of area higher education institutions.
Who is eligible for assistance?
- A spouse or partner of an employee who is being recruited or has been recently hired by VCU
What services are offered?
- A general overview of employment at VCU and the surrounding region
- Job search assistance
- Support and encouragement during the job search
How does the program work?
- The hiring department’s personnel administrator, or other administrator, contacts HR to make the referral and provides basic information about the status of the search or appointment
- An initial consultation with the spouse or partner provides background on employment interest and needs
- A range of services is tailored to individual needs
- The HR program coordinator assists in identifying local/regional employment opportunities and networking contacts