Work/life and wellness
Part-time employment of retirees
Retirees have just what we need . . . Talent. . . Skill . . . Time
Our interest in faculty and staff doesn't end upon their retirement from VCU. Retirees' knowledge and experience offer VCU a great opportunity to fill short-term vacancies. If you are a retiree and would like to be considered for projects or short-term assignments on campus that will not affect your retirement status, please contact email@example.com or fill out and return the Retired Worker Form .*
For instructions and forms relating to retiree employment, see Procedures for Part-Time Employment of Retirees .
Overworked? Need some help? Hire a VCU Retiree!
Let us know what services you need. We'll be glad to check and see if any of our retirees are available for your assignment ... or take a moment and check out our retirees seeking work below. To learn more, contact Debbie Fitzgerald, coordinator of Work/Life Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 828-1521.
- Emeritus associate professor with excellent organizational and administrative skills interested in advising students/student support, teaching and presentations or research and analysis.
- Retiree with Microsoft Word experience as well as operational experience with grants and fiscal matters, including payroll and purchasing.
- Retiree with experience answering phones, typing, entering payroll (Banner) data, mailings and using an IDX system for scheduling appointments.
- Retiree seeking customer service/data entry position; skilled in customer contact, time management and organization.
* IRS rules apply to the employment of faculty and staff who have retired from Virginia state service through the Virginia Retirement System (VRS), the VCU Optional Retirement Plan (ORP) and the Virginia Law Officers' Retirement System (VaLORS).