Work/life and wellness
Health and fitness
Faculty and staff have access to health and fitness opportunities through VCU and the Virginia Department of Human Resource Management (DHRM). Check out the programs and resources below.
- See these health and wellness benefits .
- Greater Richmond Dining Guide - includes vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, low-carb and free-range dining and a sampling of organic food stores.
- Healthy Fast Food Guide - includes many of the fast food restaurants on campus and elsewhere.
- Want to walk at lunch? Check out these outdoor walking routes on both campuses.
- Did you know you can burn calories while at work? Check out these workplace exercises from the Mayo Clinic.
- Learn more about the wide range of available health and safety services, including pre-placement health assessments, periodic exams, vaccinations and more.
- Discover the latest information about seasonal flu vaccinations.
- Get access to CommonHealth@VCU health and wellness programs, including smoking cessation and free health screenings.
- Check out the benefits of our popular Weight Watchers@Work program and get information on the latest sessions.
- Find out what resources are available for health awareness, mental and emotional wellness, physical and nutritional wellness, and social wellness.