Recruitment and employment
“If you hire people just because they can do a job, they’ll work for your money. But if you hire people who believe what you believe, they’ll work for you with blood and sweat and tears.” — Simon Sinek
Who in HR can help you with recruitment and employment of personnel?
Your VCU Human Resources consultant and operations team is available to assist units in recruiting and hiring faculty and staff.
The HR consultant for your division provides consultation regarding:
- Compensation management of classified and hourly employees
- Recruitment and selection of new employees
- Employee benefits
The HR operations staff member for your division:
- Inputs personnel/position data into the university’s Banner system
- Provides file support for personnel records
- Assists with health care, flexible reimbursement accounts, life insurance, retirement, tax-deferred annuities, deferred compensation, COBRA, HIPAA, leave, Virginia Sickness and Disability Plan and other related services
Contact the HR consultant and operations staff members for your area to find out how they can help you. For general operations questions, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call (804) 827-1770.
Tools for personnel administrators
Personnel administrators should go to eJobs to perform the following actions:
- Post classified, hourly and student worker vacancies.
- Draft and submit Employee Work Profiles (EWPs) and certain classified pay actions through the paperless eJobs system.
Tools for applicants
If you are seeking job opportunities at VCU, click the links below to search or apply for vacancies: