Compensation and rewards
Finance and administration customer service
Through certificates of commendation and monetary awards, the Customer Compass Recognition Program for Finance and Administration recognizes faculty and staff within the division who consistently display the four service excellence points - respect, integrity, responsiveness and initiative - in all interactions with internal and external customers.
VCU Finance and Administration
2012 Award Recipients
Joyce Foster - Facilities Management, Planning & Design
David Puckette - Technology Services, Telecommunications
Matthew Ruland - Campus Police
Larry Walters - Facilities Management, Construction Management
Emily Clarke - Human Resources
Rebecca Ellison - VCU Police
Behind The Scenes
Jody Atkins - VCU Police
Alicia Styles - Physical Plant
Beyond the Call of Duty
Mark Jacubec - Facilities Management
Romero Payne - Physical Plant
Jennifer Brown - VCU Police
Nancy Nicholson - Grants & Contracts Accounting
John Thompson - Facilities Management
Sheila Baker, Takeya McLaurin, Patricia Wallace and Allison Wetterhahn - HR Generalists
Fun At Work
Priscilla Clayborne - Grants & Contracts Accounting
Stephen Fore - Physical Plant
More with Less
Presepine Fleming - Grants & Contracts Accounting
Click here for more information and to see pictures from this employee recognition event!
Objectives of this recognition program include the following:
- Support VCU’s Quest for Distinction.
- Encourage and reinforce service excellence by providing appropriate and meaningful forms of reward and recognition.
- Recognize the division's faculty and staff who consistently exhibit the highest levels of customer service to foster better communication, promote higher productivity and improve relations among the University's faculty, staff and students.
This award recognizes up to four finance and administration faculty and staff in their interactions with internal and external customers for:
- consistently displaying the highest level of customer service skills; and
- supporting VCU's Quest for Distinction by displaying these four service excellence points:
- Respect: Greet every customer, communicate respectfully, appreciate diversity and make the customer feel like an individual.
- Integrity: Observe confidentiality, abide by the VCU Code of Ethics and ensure data security.
- Responsiveness: Demonstrate knowledge of policies and procedures; contact, respond quickly and deliver excellence over the phone; use email appropriately.
- Initiative: Anticipate the needs of customers; welcome and initiate change.
Evidence of customer service should be demonstrated in communication skills, problem-solving and customer focus. Recognition is a certificate of commendation/appreciation and a monetary award.
These awards recognize finance and administration faculty and staff for their accomplishments in informal and entertaining ways.
Nomination, evaluation and recognition process
- Human Resources accepted nominations and supporting materials, including letters of recommendation and completed Customer Compass Recognition forms, that documented the accomplishments of the employee.
- An advisory council of finance and administration representatives reviewed the nominations and made recommendations to the vice president for finance and administration.
- The finance and administration division recognized award recipients at a reception in their honor on June 7, 2012.
If you have questions, please contact Debbie Fitzgerald, Coordinator of Reward and Recognition, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 828-1521.